Re: [MV] modified '68 Kaiser/Jeep M725 ambulance FOR SALE in Kansas

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 15:37:08 PST

>i'd be the one to try to run a 350 on a 24 volt system i bet some
>ware theres starters for them

Well, now that you mention it. The 351 GMC V-6 (thats a V6 not a V8) that I
put in my M715 took the stock 24V M715 starter. The center distance of the
gears was correct and the tooth pitch was correct as was the mounting flange
and bolts. All I had to do was make a 1/2" thick spacer. You may be able
to come up with a housing and/or flywheel & ring gear that would work with
the original starter.

je