re: [MV] Dump Trucks

From: Spunky's Motor Pool (spunkysmotorpool@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 13:46:43 PST

Hi Todd,

Yes, you can still find the 2 1/2 ton dump trucks,
designated as the M342A2 out of the M44 series, every
now and then. As for the 5 tons, I know of two
different ones: the M51A2 out of the multifuel M39
series and the M817 which is out of the diesel M809
series. Those as well turn up every now and then.

The ideal set up as far as I am concerned would be a 2
1/2 ton with the power steering and locking hub kits
installed. After speaking with the company yesterday,
we are happy to say that we will be able to offer both
of these as options on the deuce trucks that we sell.
By using that set up, you have the advantage of the
added fuel economy and power steering but still can
interchange your M35 parts. Also deuce parts usually
run quite a bit cheaper than 5 ton parts.

When you decide what you are looking for, keep
Spunky's in mind. Although we don't currently have one
for sale, we would be happy to see if we can put one
together for you in the near future.

Helen

--- Todd Logan <bugdaddy66@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy list;
> I am in the market for a dump truck, would like to
> get a military 6X6
> version. What are the designations for the M-series
> dump trucks? I would be
> interested in either 2.5 ton or 5 ton, the 2.5 would
> probably do what I
> need, but I haven't seen any around. Do they really
> exisist? Would be nice
> to have parts compatibility with my M35A2. Thanks in
> advance,
>
> Todd Logan
> 68 M35A2
> 71 W200 Air Force Crewcab