Re: [MV] FS: 1954 M-43 Air FOrce Ambulance

From: John K. Seidts (john@astory.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 14:53:37 PST

Just a call to the list to say more about Gordon's Ambulance. The old owner
who sold it to Gordon got it from a Ham Operator who used it to take radios
to meets. He had it on the road until 1998, right before he passed away and
it was sold through his estate. It was running when we sent it out to
Gordon- I never drove it, but the old owner is a good friend of mine and I
watched him drive it around his property without brakes. The interior is in
excellent shape, and the original engine ran well. The original NDT's on
the wheels were probably 85% or better tread, and not dry rotted.

The only bad thing about this ambulance is that the rain gutters are
typically rotted, but not beyond reasonable repair. Overall, this was a
nice vehicle and will be a nice project for the right person who likes
M43's.

>Do to circumstances beyond my control, I am not going to have the time or
>resources to restore the M-43 I bought last summer. Like wise, I do not
want
>to watch it rust down. If I can find it a good home,
>The thing is not running, it has a little rust but is good and solid. It is
titled in Maryland, never got around to titling it