Re: re: [MV] Dump Truck Info

From: Spunky's Motor Pool (spunkysmotorpool@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 10:01:55 PST

I'm afraid that I must disagree with Jeff regarding
the lock out hubs being an expensive gimmik. With
fuel economy doubled on average, a smoother ride, and
better power, not to mention less wear and tear on the
front axle parts, it seems like a smart thing to do if
you're willing to spend some extra money on your
deuce.

However I do agree that if you do decide to install
them, to only do so on air-shift front axles. These
are the only ones that they will work with. The kits
are not made for the sprag units.

As for power steering, it all depends how much you use
your deuce. Granted, if you only take it out once in
awhile, and not for long trips, I agree that it would
be overkill. However if you use your deuce as a daily
driver or a work truck, I think that the kit makes a
very nice improvement to the truck. While you don't
really notice it when you're going down the road
straight, you certainly do notice it when making a
hard or quick turn. And work is hard enough - why not
make the driving as easy as you can?

Just my opinion - the whole 2 cents worth!!

Helen Breeden