Re: [MVlist] Re: Andy Michalski and his ongoing antics!

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 07:18:24 PST

I don't know about the rest of you lads (and dear ladies as well), but this is
getting really out of hand...

If Maz wants to be considered a contender in the MV selling business, we, the
potential collectors, needs proof of both the MVs being sold, as well as a
description of the transaction, and a few references. I don't think there is
another feller doing business who would be willing to provide these. I'd bet if
I asked in a professional and courteous manner, Joe Trucker, Dave at WeeBee
Webbing, even Gene Pantano, for all of his strongly worded opinions, follows the
doctrine of checking out references before putting down money, and would provide
references to serious potential customers. This is the way things are done.

I have yet to hear about anybody doing the happy dance after receiving a BMP,
BDRM, T-60, Gaz 2 1/2 ton, or anything else from MAZ. (And this where folks
exhault like Caesar over the Vandals when they get a good price on the carcass
of an M-37!)

So, until MAZ puts its treads where its mouth is, and starts delivering the
goods, there will be heaps of disbelief, get over it...

On the other hand, I'd LOVE to own a piece of former East European Armor! (Heck,
I spent enough time learning how to kill it!) So when the marketing issues and
personal communications issues are resolved, I'd entertain the idea of doing
business selling the vehicles of my former honored enemy... (There's a certain
degree of satisfaction in that, quoth the cold war vet.)

Now, ENOUGH OF THIS FOOLISHNESS! Show me the BMPs!

Thanks,

Bill Benson
(Did you know that a TOW-2B can flip the turret of a T-80 at least 50 meters, if
the gunner knows what he's doing?)