Carbine carrier question

From: Gordon.W.I. McMillan (gwim2@student.open.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 13:12:20 PST

Another question for the expertise of the list.

I know that the later WW2 jeeps had the windscreen brackets to take the
standard carbine carrier, but when exactly was the standard carrier
developed and introduced ?

I have one here that I spannered off an early '42 hard cab Diamond T cargo
(the truck was subsequently restored - don't give me a hard time) so I'm
assuming it was before mid 1942.

I'm thinking about mounting the carrier in my 1940 VC 3 and just wondering
if it would be out of place, or if they did get developed and used that
early.

Any ideas ?

Gordon