Little known fact about our beloved Jeep!

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 13:44:39 PST

Little known fact I stumbled across the other day about 'Jeeps':

Pilonidal disease has a male predominance and usually affects patients from
the mid-teens into the thirties.

Congenital and acquired theories of etiology have been proposed. For a time,
the entity was referred to as "Jeep rider's" disease. It hospitalized over
80,000 US army soldiers during WWII, accounting for 4.2 million sick days.
Much of the information we have about the disease comes from the military.

>From this page:

http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic771.htm

Steve AKA Dr Deuce