Re: [MV] M 151A2 Jerry Can Question

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 11:00:31 PST

It is my opinion there is no such thing as "standard jerry can for..."
I base this on my research of the G-749 series 2 1/2 ton trucks...they were
not furnished by the builder with Jerry cans.
Someone with contract info on the MUTT could verify that they were not
furnished with Jerry can by the builder. I suspect that the operator TM as
well as the hand receipt document would support this as well.
Rather Jerry cans were installed by using unit, from whatever stock is
available.
Therefore, any Jerry can dated earlier than the build date of the vehicle
would be correct to display with the vehicle if you are depicting it as
issued.
If you are depicting the vehicle at a later date, then any can dated prior to
the date you are depicting would be correct.
My .02,
David Doyle