Re: [MV] 24 volt to 12 volt M37 distributor/coil conversion

From: John (trrjohn@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 11:31:45 PST

Everett,

I have a 12 volt snow plow and possibly a 12 volt hoist for a dump box
conversion I'm going to install. Everything I've read so far says
"Don't split the 24 volt system"
"add a 12 volt auxilary system" or
"convert to 12 volts with an alternator".

I already have a rebuilt 12 volt starter and a 80 amp, 1 wire 12 volt
alternator. I do intend to keep all of the 24 volt system for future
restoration to 24 volts.

John