Carburetion problem.

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 15:06:16 PST

I have the following problem with my TS250/1:

- If I run for some time (z.B.. in slow traffic) at low carburetor
opening, it gets impossible to accelerate unless I close the gas
completely for 10-15 seconds, after which i will pick up revs when I open
the gas again.

- It smokes a lot.

-Fuel consumption is quite heavy: about 10-11 l/100 km in town.

- If I close the gas tap (Benzinhaen), it will accelerate much better just
before stopping for want of gas.

- I dont need to use the choke to start the engine when cold.

This seems to point to a mixture that is too rich.
To correct it, I have already changed to carb float, adjuste the float
height up to 28 mm, then to 29 and even 30, without much change.
The air filter has been changed, so has the float needle assembly.

The problem is not so bad since I put an electronic ignition / 12 volts
kit supplied by Gussi, but my plugs tend to oil-up a lot.

What else could I try ?

As the problem is worse at low revs, put a smaller needle-jet ?
A smaller main jet ?

I am getting very frustrated ;-(

The problem seems worse now in the summer, when we have temperatures
between 20 C and 35 C

We are only 70 meters above sea level.

Thank you for any advice

Gruessen,

Ron, am Uefer des Flusses Paraguay.

--
             We'll cross that bridge when we come back to it later.
              ---  http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati  ---