Re: [MV] WHAT COULD THIS BE?

From: lou (lou@frontier.net)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 13:53:46 PST

Anith this would be too unreal to be true, but it's just farfetched enough.
I was stationed in Asmara, Eritrea between 1967 - 1972, about 50 miles or so
East from the Sudan. When I got there I bought a jeep for $50 (but it
wasn't in a crate!). It had rolled end over end three times off one of
those narrow mountain roads (Asmara is at 8000 ft elevation, the Red Sea is
only twenty or so miles East). The jeep was a 1951 M38, flat fenders and
low hood but the body was pretty smashed up. There was a CJ3B body only
lying unused on post. Its very likely that somewhere in Northeastern Africa
there is still an M38 with a CJ3B (high hood) body. Can you send some
pictures?

Lou