Re: [MV] newby considering an M35

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 03:30:31 PST

Mark,
That's an excellent response that you made.
I often get some scares when riding with inexperienced
drivers test driving my trucks. Twice we wound up in a
field and once a neat side-slide on ice. People accustomed
to light weight and disc brakes wait far too long to slow
down. I have to start yelling for them to lay off the throttle.
Some listened, some didn't. After one hair raising ride, I
jumped behind the wheel, drove the truck home and
declined to accept the $7200 cold cash in the kid's hands
for a truck. I sold him a Jeep, instead. I think I saved
some lives.
As to insurance, if you insure through some companies
you are not covered while making the drive home from a
DRMO, or even a dealer's lot, if you insure it as a historical
or antique vehicle.
Some DRMO's I attend do not allow starting the trucks; none
I go to allow moving them if you are allowed to start them.
A real roll of the dice.
Joe "MV Trucker" Young
www.joeyoung.com