CCKW..mystery truck visit, original tools, pto, etc

From: tonygull (tonygull@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 12:06:31 PST

had a fruitful day visiting what appears to be a SWB CCK hardtop. I own it
now.
I took photos and will attach one to a post ASAP..unless a lister advises me
it
 is forbidden to post attachments to this list.

It was a real interesting place, on a coastal river delta island, all
swampy, low
and muddy, fat lazy rivers+ pissin rain..very atmospheric for a jimmy!

anyway this guys farm is a treasure trove of old machines! too much too
tell,
but Albion & Inter big trucks, a huge Deutz dragline, and several 2 cylinder
English
Diesel, flywheel over 1 ton!!running a dynamo that could power a whole town.
78 hp at 600rpm

At least 20 vintage stationary motors, huge old sheds full of parts,old
tractors,
tools..wow.

it was raining real heavy, however i checked it out and am real excited to
have
reduced my missing parts list from about 12 known to only a couple!! plus
learned
heaps.

ORIGINAL TOOLS....I got some!! Are these normally hard to accquire?
or can they be had readily at swap meets etc?

I took my parts book and when he got to the Accesories pages he suddenly got
excited, saying "i hvae seen this, and this etc"...we searched around and
came up with a few, he will look for more, ALSO he had a Wisconsen engine
with Centrifugal pump as shown in the parts book..i hope to accquire this
also

The truck itself,engine very worn, not started for 5 years..smoky.
tranny, tx, diffs complete(Tinmken), 10 wheels and tyres, all but 1 flat/
At least 3 had ok looking tread.

front end complete,cabin rusted out, no doors.

chassis mods, removal of rear spring pack and mounting a MASSIVE boom.
like 2 piece 50 ft!! 30tonnes lift at least. The PTO had been removed
and replaced with a hydraulic pump, which ran the winches.(removed)
he is looking for the PTO and winch in his parts.

I did not know this was possible, he had several PTOs that he said would
fit.
he said it was standard bolt pattern for older Bedfords, Inters etc.
This interests me a lot...can ayone inform me? Also he said a PTO can be
bolted
to the other side of the gbox?..there is a plate

Also, I located Ross Caswell, the Aussie guy whose name is on the DEuce
register page.
He live 3 MINUTES from me, has sold his CCKW, but was very interested.

more soon..tony