G-749 M-135/211 GMC engine colors

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 20:36:40 PST

colors. These are based on primarily looking at the 80 or so photos I
mentioned earlier, as well as examining a few NOS parts. Hope this helps.....
By the way, most of the photos are dated 9/14/1951.

Gloss black:
Generator
fan
oil fill pipe
distributor (except coil)
straps that hold oil filter housing
two "bands" around starter
Elbow on air inlet to carb

Unpainted metal
virtually all the bolts attaching accessories to the engine, including:
Fan
Generator and air compressor adjustment
bolts attaching radiator supports to block
also bare metal is
elbow on generator
large tube from water pump to lower radiator hose
carb
end bell of starter

Hope this helps,
David Doyle