RE: [MV] M211 transmission question

From: Farley, Denver D (denver.farley@monroe.army.mil)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 06:45:19 PST

I put over 75 thousand miles driving M-211s in the US Army from 1955 to
1961. (Even drove one to my wedding in August of 1958-assigned to a Nike
Missile Site in Pittsburgh). The transmissions were always going out. I
think these same transmissions were originally used in the M-59 (if I
remember correctly) and they were always having problems too. Even though
they were automatics, we were always having to play with the shifting lever.

Denver Farley