Re: [MV] M211 transmission question

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 16:30:46 PST

The transmission in the 211/135 family if treated as it should be will stand
up very well. The GMC that built this one also built the one in my GMC
pickup that went 600,000 hard, miles under a heavy foot that was connected
to a mind that said if you can put it in the truck I can haul it, if not put
on trailer and I will pull it. This was/is a work truck that most of its
life has carried a larger load than a pickup was supposed to carry.

But I paid attention to the dipstick.

  I took this transmission out with 600,000 miles on it , and was operating
perfect (a 350) and put a big block and turbo 400 in place of it, simply
because when I got motor transmission was fastened to it.

But if I put a dump bed on my truck and put 10 yards of rock as the public
is prone to do to military trucks it will not hold up.

The ordinary citizen looks at an OD truck and expects them to be
indestructible, how many of us have seen deuces with big dump beds on them,
half tracks with cranes on them.

My .02 cents worth GM knows transmissions better than the operators do, do
what GM says and you will have minimal problems.

Old sarge