Re: [MV] Radio Mount for PRC-25 Radio.

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 21:20:08 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <mblair1@home.net>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Radio Mount for PRC-25 Radio.

> If you happen to find an installation manual for an AN/VRC-12 series
> set in an M-151, the same instructions should work for the AN/VRC-53
> or AN/GRC-125. There's a guy on this list who might have more of those
> installation manuals, if he's listening...
>
> I don't know of any reliable sources for the OA-3633/GRC right now,
> but knowing what you're looking for is the first step! I hope this
> helps you find what you're looking for.

Most folks refer to the amplifier assembly (OA-3633/GRC) as the "AM-2060".
Try and get the AM-2060(A) if given the choice, because the power supply's
been upgraded in that model and you get the nifty rubber boot on one of your
switches.

Word of warning. There were a bunch of these things for sale at swap meets
awhile back, but a great many were missing the short cable which connects
between the amplifier assembly and the 25 or 77. Basically, the amplifier's
useless without it, and I know of no sources for replacements.

Sources? Fair Radio in Lima, OH has had them intermittently in the past,
and Gary Johnson from deepest, darkest Texas also used to keep a stock. I
don't have the contact info handy for either at the moment, but will dig it
up if interested.

Cheers,

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211