Re: [MV] Battery Questions

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 06:37:15 PST

>I need to check into a local source for 6TL batteries. To avoid confusion at
>the battery supplier, can somebody give me the specifications for these
>batteries? Dimensions and Cold Cranking Amps, plus any cross-reference
>numbers would be appreciated.

It's actually really simple, I just did this last spring. You call up a
battery place, preferably one that does only batteries and one that also
deals in truck and industrial stuff, then you tell them you need two 6TL
military batteries. The guy knew exactly what I was talking about. He
didn't have any inventory but he had them in within a few days. I figure
the price was about the same as buying them dry from Star or others and
having to pay shipping and filling them.

je