Motor oil

From: John Werner (jmwerner@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 15:12:05 PST

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a mixed fleet of MV's, both diesel and gas. I
was wondering if it is OK to us a diesel grade motor oil in both the gas and
diesel vehicles. 25 years ago a Porsche tech. rep. recommended using Shell
Rotella T in our air cooled gas motors. Rotella T is a diesel grade motor
oil. A month ago, an oil company rep. told me to use a synthetic grade, gas
motor type motor oil, in a "mixed" fleet of gas and diesel vehicles. I would
like to stick with one high quality motor oil for all my vehicles. What do
you people think? Thanks for your help.
Regards, John Werner.