RE: [MV] CDL

From: Joe Garrett (garrett@aa.net)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 08:06:53 PST

Kenneth is right on the mark.

As someone else has pointed out, the requirement to have a CDL for GVWR
greater than 26,000 lbs (5 ton and up trucks like M54's) is a Federal Law.
Even if your state waives it for collector vehicles, you can't go out of
state. Since you are REQUIRED to stop at scales in almost every state, you
are either going to get caught at the scales or you will get caught for
"blowing" the scales.

The requirement for a CDL for greater than two axles appears to be a
California only thing. M35's and M211's are not subject to CDL's in other
states.

Joe Garrett
cell 206-228-6846