Re: [MV] CDL etc etc etc.

From: Eugene PANTANO (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 02:20:43 PST

On the subject of DOT...........the American GESTAPO...yeah, I know, I'm
opening up a can of worms here... The truth is guys, the DOT was set up
originally as a "temporary" entity..they were supposed to be in existance
for a short time only..without digging out my books..I can not remeber the
reason they were pressed into service.. But - as in the "temporary" Income
Taxes..the IRS -- The US Government decided that since there was so much
income to be gained and so much power to be wielded, that the "temporary"
outfits were to be kept permanent !! Now....fire away at this guys..it has a
detrimental effect on all of us..not to mention the thousands of motor
carriers that are harassed and ripped off daily by fines and not so straight
and honest employees of the DOT. ...Gene