Re: [MV] M715 Front Bumper Attachment

From: Jim Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 19:35:34 PST

Hi Ted;

I went out and looked. There are 2 carriage bolts through the face of the
bumper (on each side, L and R) that attach to the triangular gusset
outboard on the frame rail. There are 2 ea. on the top and bottom flange
of the bumper that go through the top and bottom of the frame rail. These
are 3/8-24 grade 5 with lock nuts on them. I'd say (IMHO) that they are
original. It should be "fun" unbending the bumper. Mine had a spur from a
winch cable being wrapped around it that took a 10 LB sledge to bang back down.

good luck with the repairs!

Jim

At 18:00 02/17/2001 -0600, ET Lance-Gómez wrote:
>To those M715 owners, I have a request, pls. Can someone tell me how many
>bolts and where they are placed on the front bumper of an M715?
>
>Reason: I am repairing my front bumper from a little accident. My bumper
>has 4 carriage bolts that go thru the front of the bumper (2 each
>side) into the flanges that are bolted onto the frame rails. It also is
>held on by 4 bolts thru the top and bottom (again 2 each side) that
>go thru the top and bottom ears on the frame rails. I believe that these
>latter 4 may have been added on and are not original. If so while
>I am welding the bumper, I might as well eliminate them. If original,
>then I will keep.
>
>Any knowledge is appreciated.
>TED
>JE: I bet you can just look at your truck to tell me.

1967 M-715 Kaiser Jeep Cargo Truck
1983 M-101A1 Cargo Trailer (USMC)
MVPA #17216

My Amateur Radio Call is KB4IVH