M5 Stuart

From: David Jenkins (GPW1942@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 18:41:00 PST

 Ok, enough Road Warrior law questions.
Any of you guys have experience with Tanks? I could use a little help with a
M5 light tank.
Frank and I were working on the M5 Stuart today and we found a very watery
mixture in one of the transmissions.
This is a 1942 dual flat top V8 driven model with what we believe to be water
cooled automatic transmissions. The engines have not run in about 2 years. Is
it correct that the transmission has water from the engine cooling system
running thru it, or is it a separate system? I am concerned that the water
came from the cooling system. The system had been drained around the last
time it ran.

Thanx in advance
Dj