RE: [MV] CCKW stuff various..support for"cop"

From: tonygull (tonygull@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 16:53:21 PST

sounds like fun...these Euclids were 70s models that had Cummins power,
or alternatively Detroit V903 Diesels I think. As I recall the Cummins
motors
were just over 1000cu, about 12 litres...i was only 18-20 and was a
mechanics assistant.
This was my first exposure to BIG trucks. I remember paticularly, 2 totally
crazed
D9 operators, who appeared to wish to crush any smaller vehicle and kill its
occupants.
We were warned not to get close to them, but needed to work on a dump truck
nearby.

They, drove there machines like crazy men...i was shit scared. At a break, I
saw
one operator...indeed he was in a very angry mood, was big and mean, with a
ugly mo.

I cant believe such dangerous practices would be allowed now, even then!

I got to admit i did not like this work much of the time...very heavy,
outside,dirty
and heaps of abusive, big tough older blokes....lucky i was never a soldier
hey

                                                                        tony