M41-A3 tank details as known......

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 04:26:27 PST

Hi Gordie and Listers,

It's in Central Thailand, Nakhon Ratchasima, better known to ex-USAF bods
as Korat.

It is lend-lease and down for demil. However, they have been trying to
flog it for two years with no success, thus, I think that an institutional
buy could be negotiated........possibly.

I know Jack-S**t about tanks but not everyone likes Mutts either,
right? Just trying to see if we could save the old lady from the torch -
it would be nice.

Apart from that, details are scant a pix non-existant, so, unless anyone
wants to expense me for a day off work and a several hundred mile trip,
blah, blah, things will likely stay that way for a while, until such times
as I have a reason to go up there, which is unlikely in itself unless an
M416 comes up.

I'll ask again at the DRMO and let y'All know.

Cheers
Gavin