RE: Cheap HMMWV's: Too Good To Be True? Article in Issue 84 "News and Views"

From: Stu Ellis (stuellis@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 15:19:00 PST

To: David Ahl
      MV Magazine

I was very surprised to see my name and the company name I work for in the
News & Views section in issue 84 of my new MV magazine. Intraco USA is a
seafood importing company with it's HQ in Singapore. I do not sell anything
other than seafood. I am not importing anything to the USA other than
seafood! If took the time to visit the Singapore web site you mention in
the article, you would see nothing about MV's. I am a member of the
MVPA-#14790 and own a 151A1, M416 and now a M1009 also. I am also member of
our local New Hampshire club- Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors.
I would like to own a HMMWV one day, but that's another story.
If you had read the emails correctly, you would have seen I was warning the
list about a company that contacted me to sell me a HMMWV, and all I had to
do was send them half the money so they could import it. When I asked for
an address in VA and phone so I could come and see what they had now and
meet them, they never responded.. Their email address was a free HotMail
one, and they never gave me a address or phone.
In the future, I hope you do a better job of verifying your information
before you put it in print!

       Stuart J. Ellis
East Coast Sales Manager
     Intraco USA
Web Site: www.intraco.com.sg
Phone: 603-437-1392 Fax: 603-437-6046

Notice :- This message (including all attachments) contain privileged &
confidential information and is subject to the disclaimer notice as set out
at http://www.intraco.com.sg/disclaim_official.htm