Re: [MV] Cheap HMMWV's: Too Good To Be True? Article in Issue 84 "News and Views"

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 17:23:17 PST

Gee Stu, I seem to remember you were offering Brand NEW, Still in the
CRATE, 1991, Uparmored HMMWV's with a prepaid Texaco debit card worth 10,000
gallons of diesel fuel. You implied these were from a contract overrun from
the Elbonian DoD, who upon delivery, discovered they were not capable of
V/STOL flight as implied by the salesman from LUCKHEED. You stated these
would be drop shipped from McMurdo Station via US Postal Service Priority
Overnight mail. The price was US $49.95, plus $7.37 shipping and handling,
only 2 per address, with the requirement to send eight $100 bills (which
would be returned) for "Flash Money", to show the Elbonians you were a
serious dealer, to your overseas office at Dimitri's Borscht Palace and
House of Miracles in Spareduckshnotz,Ukraine. What's going on here? Is your
memory fading as you get older? Tell me it ain't so.
                    Ron

P.S. When can I expect to get my $800 back, cause I was going to use it as a
down payment on your new " I is a Master CUCV Mechanic, and youse cud be one
2 " braille BETA video tape training series. I don't own a CUCV yet,but I
figured with your guidance and experience, I would be able to pick out a
cherry one at the DRMO. (And thanks for taking $50 bucks off your $300 " How
to buy surplus from the US Govt. and save BIG" series. By the way did you
know that the US Govt. Printing Office has copied you brochure?)