M41-A3 update...

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 05:09:14 PST

Hi Listers,

I have unintentionally created something of a stir here with this tank but
I now have a procedural answer for any institutions who may be
interested. IF the tank did not go in this week's auction, then here's
what all you museum-types need to do.....

"Your Question regarding British Museum's obtaining U.S. Department of
Defense excess/surplus material for static displays would best be addressed
to one of the following offices; Headquarters Defense Reutilization and
Marketing Service, Federal Center, 74 Washington Ave N. Battle Creek
Michigan. Or Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service-International,
Wiesbaden, Germany, CMR 443, Box 2000, APO AE 09096. Or Defense
Reutilization and Marketing Service-International Atlantic Zone Manager,
DRMO Molesworth, Unit 5750, APO AE 09470, for the proper and most current
guidance regarding the Sale, Transfer or Donation to European theater
Countries."

At least it isn't a direct "No".

Although it bears further investigation, I am really starting to believe
that a private individual isn't going to have a Cat-in-Hell's chance on
this one.

Cheers
Gavin