Re: [MV] Tow bar source?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 22:18:27 PST

In a message dated 2/27/01 11:51:57 PM Central Standard Time,
mblair1@home.net writes:

<< It was mentioned (maybe on-list, or maybe off-list) that an M816 with
 an NHC250 engine would be somewhat less anemic >>

I have seen three M62's that were govt. repowered with the NHC250 (naturally
right after I bought my gasser), and several M543 repowers, so don't discount
them off hand.
As for power, I should clarify...what is lacking is speed...my recollection
from school is that the R6602 runs out of horsepower, but not torque. The
wrecker weighs 33000 lbs itself, which is quite a load even before you hook
up. Rolling hills are a challenge to maintain "speed" (45 mph) on, but when
the engine settles down to about 1300 rpm the guy behind me in a multifuel
deuce can hear the 6602 over his own exhaust, and the rpms just DON'T drop
any more! Hooked up to a buddy's dead Stuart one time to pull up on a
lowboy. Just tickle the gas and it pulled it right up, even easier than a
M123A1 does. (probably due to wreckers great weight limiting slight wheel
slip than 10 ton has)

Enjoy!
David Doyle