Back to battlefield

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 04:39:46 PST

Well...not really. Having had to evacuate my MUTT during the rebel attack
on this town in November last, now I have decided to bring it back. (I
returned to work in December). All this time the MUTT has been safe in
Khartoum. Now my wife has a new car but no parking space for two cars.
Besides, I have found it difficult to live without my MUTT with me here. My
wife is also tired of responding to my countless enquiries over phone if
she is really taking proper care of the MUTT.

The situation is not really good. New mines have been planted by rebels
outside the town and number of ambushes have increased lately. Yet, I am
sure I am going to take good care of my MUTT. Many listers had advised me
not take the MUTT back in to the area. But I can't help it. And it is a
rare opportunity to be with your HMV in an area of military conflicts! It
sounds stupid but how many of you now as civilians have your HMVs in a
situation like mine? Wish me luck!

Anith
UN-WFP
Kassala