Re: [MV] NEW FROM CHRYSLER-BENZ

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Sat Dec 25 1999 - 16:55:00 PST

>>"I have to say I think this is the most IRRESPONSIBLE thing a major
>>vehicle manufacturer could do."
>>
>>Steve
>>

>I was just wondering if you or any other negative commenters have ever
worked on,riden in,driven,or even just carefully looked at a Unimog?
>I think the intent for Freightliner is to market the Mog for industrial
applications and not really an 'SUV' product.One would have to be a glutten
for punishment to use a Mog as a daily driver for the grocery store.Even the
'U' series doesn't have the plushness to appeal to the overpaid,to rich to
think,trendy setting, destructive,domestica.
>Here in the Canadian North Unimogs are used by several companies and
municipalities for snowplowing,firefighting,rescue,on the train terminals etc.
>Of all the individual owners I know they use them for mobile
welding,snowplowing,rescue,hauling,treeplanting,farms and only 2 guys have
thier rigs setup for extreme expedition and rockcrawling.
>No one is using it in a sense of an "SUV".
>Andre

P.S.The Unimog is also one of the most if not the most efficient vehicle of
its type in terms of longevity between repairs and fuel consumption.