MORE NEWS FROM CHRYSLER-BENZ = FUNMOG

From: A. Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 07:38:22 PST

Gordon.W.I. McMillan schrieb:
> The Unimog is a superb piece of kit, but it's really just an engine and a
> collection of gearboxes on four wheels. Properly handled it'll go just
> about anywhere and do just about anything.

Korrekt.

> As an SUV, forget it, too slow, too noisy, and any modifications they did
> to it to make it faster and quieter would probably ruin it's off-road
> ability. Not sure I'd want to be travelling in a short, high, sqaure
> vehicle at 80 mph anyway when someone hits the brakes.....

Don't forget the FUNMOG. It is a special version of the UNIMOG, available here in
Germany at the friendly Mercedes dealer.

Costs around 450k D-Marks, which is at the moment around 210k US-$.

Comes with black metallic paint, many chrome plated parts, leather seats,
CD-player and many other nice features. Go to your friendly Mercedes dealer and
ask for a sales brochure of the FUNMOG. (Make sure you wear fine desginer clothes
when you ask, otherwise the dealer will ignore you).

Best regardas from Germany, home of the Universal Motorgeraete (better known as
UNIMOGs)

Andreas