Re: [MV] Blazer Problem

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 09:49:45 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian" <polaris650_92@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 7:24 AM
Subject: [MV] Blazer Problem

> Hey,
> I took the truck to a garage and they tested it, and
> found out that I blew my rear end. They said that I
> need a new rear axle.

If it were me, I'd tend to get a second opinion unless you've used the
garage before and find them equitable. There are quite a few pieces in the
'rear axle', and while a catastrophic failure of one bit could well cause
much of the rest to junk itself, I wouldn't then think it would be
driveable.

Question to other CUCV listers: The GM CUCV parts book (with the GM covers,
option lists and schematics) describes the gear set installed in the 1009 in
numerous different places as "3.08", where the castings and many posters
over the years seem to universally agree on "3.78". Was 3.08 the earlier
set then replaced by the 3.78, or does someone at GM not know how to type -
in several places - and through what appears to be a succession of reprints?

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.
(really, really handy book, BTW. Has GM factory picture of 1008 on the
outside - with wrong Bridge Class - and lists all the GM p/n's for
everything
  including the mil-only bits'n'pieces. I also have both a -20 and -34,
with a GM provided multipage bulletin describing the troubleshooting and
modification
of the M1010 nuisance 24V/200A system with the Duvac and the external Vreg.
Wish I would've had both when faced with my first 1010 charge problem.)