Re: [MV] Blazer Problem-- Ripley Answer ( short or long version)

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 12:27:26 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron" <rojoha@mediaone.net>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 7:26 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Blazer Problem-- Ripley Answer ( short or long version)

> A long time ago when I was young and stupid (vs. now when I'm old and
> stupid), I bought a new 78 Chevy Suburban (K1500) with Posi-traction rear
> end and baseline H78-15 snow tire option. After 3 weeks or so, plugged on
> some Armstrong Tru Traks and aftermarket white spoke wheels

That's _very_ interesting, and thanks for passing it on. I never thought of
low tire-pressure causing the same symptoms as an unequal left-right rolling
radius problem, but I think you're right on the money. Besides that, I
can't keep a handle on the tire-pressures of 60-plus vehicles, and some of
our 1009's are _always_ losing air on tires, but are driven so often it's
hard to keep an eye on them. That'll be the first thing I look at from now
on.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.