5 Ton Hot-Rod

From: C C (n2rdp@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 06:28:49 PST

OK, I have 2 M52A2's. One for restoration and the other I use for parts.

The parts truck is starting to have less and less parts all the time. I'm thinking of making it a running truck, but it will only look military. I can get lots of "standard" truck parts locally, but obtaining military parts locally is a problem.

There are lots of Cat 3406A's around. Mainly because they're pre-cup engines and can only do about 275-300HP. That's still more than even the Cummins NHC-250 that's in the M818.

Get this "hot-rod" configuration:

M52A2 with...
Cat 3406A, 13-Speed, 355 rear, air-ride cab, dual air-ride seats, Kysor A/C.

It should cruise at 75MPH, no problem. It would be good for pulling a beaver-tail flatbed with my show truck and trailer on it.

Chris
M52A2 x 2
M447C