M-37 rear end

From: John Doyle (jdoyle@writeme.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 14:46:54 PST

I recently became the proud maintainer of a '52 M-37.

It's been a great experience so far, especially for this
shade-tree mechanic. I've rebuilt the master brake cylinder
and performed a few other normal maintaince tasks.

In the course of going over the truck with a fine-toothed comb,
I noticed that the left rear leaf spring center pin was sheared.
No problem to replace that. Then I notice that the wheel
cylinder in that corner is leaking also. I'm fine with replacement
on that too (I think- anything I should know here?).

I have three questions for you guys:

1) Are there any "gotchas" I should look out for when doing
these replacements?

2) Anything else I might want to look at replacing when I go
through this? I was thinking about replacing the rear U joints
as well...

3) Where should I get the parts? I've put in a couple orders
with Memphis Equipment and was fairly pleased. I mentioned
this to a friend&fellow lister and he mentioned that their
prices tended to be a bit steep?

Thanks,
John