Re: [MVlist] JXC engine

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 16:28:51 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Greville" <dgrev@ruralnet.net.au>
<mil-veh@mil-veh.org>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 11:00 PM
Subject: [MVlist] JXC engine

> The price is right. Were I doing a restoration or in need of another
> motor I would be very interested. But at this stage I hopefuly only
> need a plug not a whole engine!

If you are having to lift the lump right out because of one core plug, it
would be very, very silly indeed not to have the rest out and replace the
lot. You only have to beat a small cold chisel through them and lever it a
bit.

I absolutely guarantee you will be amazed at just how close to disaster you
are with the rest. If one has gone. . . . . . . . . . . . .

> Would you be kind enough to measure the size of the plug at the back
> of the motor for me please?

If stuck we can get core plugs in all manner of dimensions, they are easy to
make if you have to with a simple domed press tool and a fly press using a
bit of punched sheet steel. We have even spun commercial ones in the lathe
and tickled an 1/8" off to make specials.

Richard
Southampton - England