Re: [MV] Civil Defense Decals

From: Brian Wedekind (wizard@velocity.net)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 07:50:18 PST

The generator I have is a 3 phase power plant, these were provided to the
Civil Defense in 15 and 30kw versions. The generators for the searchlights (I
think you are right, I don't think the Civil Defense maintained any
searchlights) were DC machines, more like a portable welder. The one I have
still has its original coat of blue paint and a very faded set of decals.
These were used to provide power for shelters and the like.