Re: [MV] Restoring a C-47 was Blame the Irish

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 14:19:51 PST

Unfortunately, even in the dry climates corrosion can still be a problem.
Also, if the Airworthiness Directive (AD)for the wing pull and spar
modifications haven't been complied with, it ain't an easy or cheap
undertaking.

The C-47 I am involved with came from the Israeli Air Force. Very straight
and original airplane. Still set up for troop transport and jumping.
Unfortunately, it is going to Basler in Oshkosh this month for the wing
pull. Should be operational and in new paint by the end of April.

Jim