Re: [MVlist] PS Magazine/Will Eisner.

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 15:43:09 PST

invest@portsmouth-mann.com writes:

<< For the PS fans out there, it may interest you (or not) to know that it is
 Will Eisner's birthday today. >>

Gav and Listers......

Mr Eisner is an artist par excellence. In this politically-correct era that
we live in (and I use the term "live" advisedly), few things give me as much
enjoyment as a look back through the 1960s issues of "PS".
They take me back to a time when I was young, handsome (even had hair !!).
For sheer artistic skill, just look at PS issue no.193 (the sketches of a
scene in Vietnam) and for exquisite humour (humor to you USA residents), have
a glance at the cartoon strip "The Replacement" which features in PS issue
No.117 (1962). There just is no better cartoonery anywhere.. I wish I could
draw a Mutt half as good as Will !!!

Kind regards & Happy Birthday..
Ken