Re: [MV] Question

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 05:18:42 PST

In a message dated 3/7/01 10:00:29 PM Central Standard Time,
pamelakg@intergate.bc.ca writes:

<< Hi Lists, I have some brake shoes. Can anyone tell me what there for? They
 are marked SHOE FRONT BRAKE ASSY., part #3675078, item stock #
 G5010125841. >>

Another lister replied that 5010 isn't a valid supply class, and it probably
isn't, BUT your parts predate that. They fit a G501 series vehicle, which is
the WWII GMC DUKW. To know more specifically what they are you need to look
in the ORD 9 for a DUKW. ORD 9's have an index in the back which refer you
by part number (like yours) to the section of the book that lists that part
number, usually along with manufacturer, manufacturer's part number, quantity
used, and in some cases dimensional data.
A handy list of the G number series are on the web at www.g503.com.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle