RE: [MV] rough starting M151A2

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 05:41:41 PST

Bruce
Pull the ground off of what ever its bolted to and buff it.
might help.
Also, List

In the trouble shooting vane, I got bit last week, was down on the farm and
the tractor would not start.
Tried jumping, not much help, checked the starter motor by jumpering from
the battery to the hot lug on the side of the motor and it spins fine.
Hit the key and the solenoid pops, but no starter motor.
Use the key to pop the solenoid, with jumper around the solenoid to power
starter motor she starts and runs.
OK! solenoid MUST be bad, pull starter.......
(As I get here I have to say, both battery cables are "factory" made
"made-on ends".)
....and as I am doing that pulled the hot battery clamp end from the cable,
(harrumph, now this needs a new end!)
Get and install new solenoid, and .90c cable end, she starts and runs fine!

Some how THEN the light comes on (yes, some days I am a weeee bit slow)
Made-on cable ends are not supposed to just "pop" off.

Some days you da bug......

Oh well, got a spare solenoid out of the deal anyway.

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net
http://home.swbell.net/rkltd/
-M35A2- MVPA -22345-