M35A2 Oil Filter Problem

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 06:21:00 PST

While attempting to retrieve my latest acquisition I ran into an interesting
problem. While attempting to start it, it caught a couple of times and then
commenced SPRAYING oil out of the rear filter housing at the gasket/housing
interface. Trying to tighten the stud/screw further was not successful. Is
this possibly just from sitting for 5 years or so or could there be a
blockage causing the pressure in the cans to max out? Was no movement from
any of the gauges before we started to create a Superfund site. Pulled the
rear can ( without draining first... that will NOT happen again) and the
filter looked fine(clean) and visually no problems with the can or bottom
gasket. Any Ideas?

    Also, before this happened, determined no fuel at injectors, and because
of posts to this list a few months ago, remembered references to the ONLY
fuse on a Deuce ( which was blown). Thanks to you all for contributing!!!

Ron

PS The newbie is not being a very good role model for the other denizens of
my yard. Is it possible my herd has contracted a mechanical form of Hoof and
Mouth,or me, just in regards to this list, Foot IN Mouth?