MB spindle lock washers

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 21:50:18 PST

Am I the only one that dislikes those solid bend-over lockwashers used on
MB's and I suppose all CJ's, M38's etc? Everything else I've ever taken
apart has the lockwashers with the tabs, mush easier to use. So, I made up
a drawing and had my laser guy burn me up some. I just put my hubs on the
MB axle today and used my new lock washers. Major impovement over the old
solid ones. If anyone is interested I could be easily talked into selling
some. I know you can buy the original kind for $1 or so each. These will
run $3.50 each, understand that custom low quantity parts come at price,
economies of scale they call it. If anyone is interested let me know. If
there is alot of demand then I could get a larger batch made.

later,

je