5-ton advice needed

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 11:08:00 PST

Several owners of 5-tons (mainly owners of dump trucks and wreckers) have
inquired about the availability of lockout hubs for the 5-ton series. I need
to know what the market would be, and would it be worth investing the $ for
tooling, etc. I have been told that there are more daily users (as opposed to
hobbyists) of 5 ton trucks than there are of deuces. I have no hard data on
this subject as yet. Any ideas on what list price would be comfortable for a
commercial user? Are any list members daily users of these trucks? The
lockout hubs would have to be used in conjunction with an air -operated
manual sprag lock-out kit, which we have available already, and which is
relatively inexpensive. Anyone care to comment? (on or off the list) Thanks,
Arthur P. Bloom, Pres. Inter Agency Motor Pool