Re: [MV] Honey, I rolled the Humvee over!

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 22:57:55 PST

Neat:
It looks as if one of the doors was liberated after the first pix. Hard to
tell if it was a roll over unless we had pix of the other side. The mirror
is still intact on the left side and a bunch of foot prints but the last pix
shows at least one track where the left tire dug into the sand. Who knows?
At least it looks like everyone walked away! I am sure that there were a few
troops having a "pow wow" on the long walk back to get the story straight.
Maybe a few too many glasses of Saudi champagne? Or your typical young bored
GI? ( hey guys watch this!!)
None the less the pix are a testament to the strength of the top of that
HUMVE. If it was an airdrop there would be lots of cardboard/straps/and not
to mention a pallet twisted up in the fence on that border.
Suffice to say that if anyone can think of a way to screw it up a GI can.

Regards
Emmett