Re: [MV] Jerry Can

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 00:59:30 PST

Tim schrieb:

> A friend - long term collector of German militaria - has one such can -
> which he claims to be the first pattern can... the 1936 pattern....
> un-marked and similar in discription.
>
> I have some photos somewhere.... can email them to anyone interested.

Please forward the pictures to

a.mehlhorn@t-online.de

Old German Jerrycans were not marked with the word "WEHRMACHT" but they were
marked with a lot of other markings. If you are interested, have a look at my
Jerrycan picture at:

http://www.kettenkrad.de/kanister.htm

An unmarked can seems to be China/Taiwan 1996 and not Germany 1936.

Best regards from Germany, home of the Jerrys and the Jerrycans
Andreas