Re: [MV] trailer laws -military low boy question

From: WreckerFC@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 04:32:33 PST

Bruce...
Call me old fashioned and a little rebellious but you are only talking six
inches each side, would it not be safe to presume it is normally the load on
top of the trailer that the police would look at re oversized loads, and if
it is not hanging off the edges and looks all ok and the way it's supposed to
look................

I've towed some pretty odd things in my time, with some pretty odd things and
always made sure that lighting and lashing/chaining are done right... Other
things about the rigs were not necessarily to the word of the law, and yes I
have been pulled - but only to be asked "What the heck is that... where did
you get it?" ... etc., etc., and "Have a nice day." ... the officers going
away with an interestering "guess what I saw today" story.

Well that's my 2 bob's/10¢ worth...

Question to the more initiated - Emition laws for CUCV's etc., are militarily
exempt even when in civy use (???) so wouldn't trailer width's etc? I've
never seen a M1070 combn with an oversized plate!

Good luck

Howard