need help from old vets

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 21:09:32 PST

Ok that's a broad statement. I have a 1952 M37 (3/4 ton Dodge
Cargo Truck). I am always wanting to get more era correct items
for my truck. What I need is some stories from you guys who drove
them. Please provide information on things like: what was your cargo,
what type of tie downs, what type of cloths (t-shirt?, parka?), did you
carry
a rifle, pistol, did you have passengers, Did you drive with windshield down
in Korea, Viet Nam, WW2. Special attachments or items you carried in your
vehicle. What paperwork did you carry with you. Did you have radios.(were
radios mounted in normal position from tm or other? Did you carry
a water bucket and where? did you have a trailer? Did you strap extra
items to the outside of vehicle (tent on fender?). What rank were you, Did
you
wear insignia, drive with helmet on. And whatever you would like to tell.

I am a 35 year old (non military background). I have spoken with many
veterans
and heard lots of stories. The more I learn, the more I can pass on to
people who are
interested. These can be from any era, and be as long or as short as you
wish. And
can be for any vehicle. Maybe you can just explain a regular or irregular
day of your
life.

I wish to display my truck not as a perfect example, but in a favorable way
to help thank
those who lived and died in them.

Ok you have your homework
Thanks