Re: [MV] Moto Gillet was:Japanese/Italian (??) Ket

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 03:19:21 PST

At 03.45 15/03/01 -0600, JAY wrote:
>I thought the Italian version of the Kettenkrad-type vehicle was >a
product of either Moto-Guzzi or possibly the Lamborghini >parent company
that built tractors?
> Who is "Moto Gillet"?
>
> Jay Travis

Mar 15 2001

Jay
The Moto-Guzzi 3x3 Mulo Meccanico (Mechanical Mule) was planned by Gen. F.
Garbari and developed by Moto-Guzzi in 1959. As far as I know, Lamborghini
was not in the project. It has a two-cylinder air cooled V-engine of 754 cc
with 6 gears plus reverse. It can transport half ton (Italian tons!) of
supplies plus driver. Its back track width is variable and may go from 135
cm. (54 inches) to 85 cm (34 inches) depending on the very narrow Alps
roads, while moving, in about 25 yards.
There was an article in WHEELS & TRACKS.

Still: Any info on Moto Gillet?

Regards,

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320